ABEL Delft B.V.
Last updated July 25, 2022
- Owner and Data Controller
- How We Collect Your Personal Information
- The Types of Information We Collect
- Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
- How We Handle Your Information
- Your Rights
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Transfer of Your Personal Information
At ABEL we are committed to protecting your personal information. It’s our belief that it’s your information, and as such we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust we have from our customers, as well as visitors of the ABEL website.
The information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalized experience e.g. information relevant to your region or your industry, exhibitions and new developments that may interest you. Our Privacy Statement gives you detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
2. Owner and Data Controller
ABEL is the data controller of your personal information:
ABEL Delft B.V.
Owner contact email: email@example.com
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us, for example where you sign up for our platform, when you would like you request demo, or you prefer to receive emails from us. We also look at how our visitors use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience when you’re trying to find out more about our latest solutions, read case studies or just browsing our site.
We may collect your personal information:
- When you contact us with your questions, comments, ideas, demo requests, complaints, or communicate with us (including when applying for employment): we may collect various information, depending on the manner in which you contact us (e.g. if you send us an email, we will collect your email address; if you solicit for a job, we will collect your details as provided in your application) and the reason for contacting us. In any case, we will collect your contact details to be able to respond and further communicate with you
- When you register for our platform
- When you sign up for receiving our newsletters and updates mailing list
- From other sources: we may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, talent acquisition partners, from your co-workers and friends, as well as from other third parties.
4. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this for example, may limit the level of personalization we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you may have been interested in attending. The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered. Information we obtain directly from you is when you create an account with us or register on our website we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect your:
- Full name (first name, prefix, surname)
- Email address
- Company name
- Phone number
- Comments your leave at us
When visiting our website, we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or another internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Depending on your settings for the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
We may include information which is available publicly (information that has been published in articles/newspapers).
5. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in several ways. Here are the main ones:
- Provide you a service you have requested
- Offer you a personalized experience
- Inform you about events or updates you’ve asked for
- Contact you when we need to obtain or provide additional information
Specifically, we use the information we collect in the following ways, to carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfill support requests and information requests or executing internal processes like recruitment or event administration
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration
- Contact you with important information relating to your registration, such as confirming your event attendance, request for a demo, request for more information or confirming your job application
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving and modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
- To allow you to send messages to your connections through the services (by using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your connections’ names and email addresses)
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email, such as newsletters and upcoming events
- Email you about a specific product or service you’ve requested to hear more on
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you
- Use your pseudonymized details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as LinkedIn, Facebook and Google or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymized to protect your personal data
- Measure and understand how our customers respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our website and our other products/services
- To help us run test and other versions of our website that we use internally to pilot new features and ensure the smooth running of our web services
6. How We Handle Your Information
ABEL will never sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. Only in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) we may share your personal information to a third party.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data to perform services on our behalf – sending of newsletters is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for ABEL enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of us, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery services
- Third party data services, who help us to segment and understand our audience by providing additional information so that we can send the most relevant and targeted communications possible
- Third party advertisers (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our clients or to serve relevant adverts to you on third party websites. The information shared with these advertisers is pseudonymized to protect your personal data
- Where required to do so, for example when requested by a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
ABEL is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from https://abelsensors.com, https://dutchsense.net or any other ABEL-owned website, application or service and recommends that you check the notices of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or questions.
Your personal information is treated as strictly confidential and we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss and unlawful processing of such information.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately about the problem by contacting us.
7. Your Rights
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete your personal information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database and, if applicable, let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to your personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or updates, unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each newsletter or update communication.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
8. Retention of Your Personal Information
9. Transfer of Your Personal Information
Personal Data may be stored on servers located within the European Union, but may also be processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We ensure these companies’ compliance with GDPR (eg. MailChimp – which provides Standard Contractual Clauses). To learn more about the Standard Contractual Clauses, visit the European Commission’s website.
If we transfer Personal Data within the company or to business partners located in a country with no sufficient level of data protection, we will provide adequate safeguards, according to GDPR.
10. Changes to Our Policy